February 08, 2006

Blogging for dummies

OK, I admit I've been delinquent in posting to this blog; it's just not particularly high on my priority list at the moment. But I couldn't resist posting about this item (via Marty Schwimmer's Trademark Blog):

Jason McCabe Calacanis writes in his blog today that he has received a couple of nastygrams from Wiley Publishing after a member of his blogging network used "for dummies" in the title of a blog post ("Super Bowl guide for dummies"). Seems that Wiley wants some kind of trademark attribution statement every time someone uses the phrase "for dummies," even in a blog item headline.

They won't find it here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Why dont you feel that Wiley is acting appropriately to protect (using that loosely) their trademark?

Anonymous said...

where i can learn about Blogging for dummies.

Anonymous said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

just kind of building up their identities,right?

Anonymous said...

Can someone please chat with me one on one to give me a crash course in the law.

Anonymous said...

lawfordummies.blogspot.com